"Writing taught once or twice a week is just frequently enough to remind children that they can't write and teachers that they can't teach. They are both like athletes who never get in condition, yet have to play the game before derisive spectators."
-- Donald Graves, Writing: Teachers and Children at Work
I'm happy to report that the The Writing Teacher has just published my article on How to Introduce the 6-Traits. I'll be using this article in my online 6-traits writing class.
Click on over and give it a read!
You'll also discover rich resources for all who love teaching writing.
From The Writing Teacher:
- How to Introduce the 6 Traits
- Teaching Writing by Creating a Website
- Teaching Beowulf to Vikings Fans by Liz O'Neill
- The Art of Teaching Writing by Alan Gibbons
- A Few Principles of Writing Instruction by Michael Hebert
- The Tips and Techniques Contest @ The Writing Teacher
- Teacher Shannon Snowball Discusses the Impact of Automated Essay Grading on her Students' Writing
- Writing Lessons that Made the Biggest Impact on Teachers
- Teaching Writing in the Diverse Classroom: An Interview with Barbara Friedlander
- Research-Based Best Practices for Teaching Writing: A Discussion with Steve Graham on How to Effectively Teach Writing
- Virtually all US Students Proficient in Writing
I hope this helps!