This image was generated by a unique website called Wordle.
I 'fed' Wordle the contents of this blog and it generated a collage of the most frequently used words in the blog.
Think about it; what would you see it you fed Wordle a page from Shakespeare, or the names of all the kids in your class? What we have here, is a way to play with words that will intrigue our students; and let's admit it... this will be fun for us too!
- As a means of summarizing the content of an essay or other piece of work.
- Wordle is handy for self-reflection.
- Wordle can be used by the teacher as a means of assessment.
- Wordle is also good for summonsing survey results where the survey uses free text fields.
- Wordle is just as good a way as any to break up the text a bit!
I couldn't resist creating another Wordle image based on my new article in the Writing Teacher: Tired of Being a Red Ink Slave to Corrections?
Go ahead... make your day... play with words with Wordle!