December 14, 2014

Modes of Writing






"Modes of writing, forms of writing, types of writing, domains of writing. Whatever you want to call them, there are different categories for writing. Each mode has a specific purpose. There are four basic modes, descriptive, narrative, expository, and persuasive. For the intent of this page, I have added a fifth mode for creative writing. These basic modes can then be broken down into subcategories. I have tried to list subcategories here as well, but I am still in the process of collecting them. If you have some ideas or suggestions, please send me an email message." ~ Kim's Korner


2 comments:

Primary Planet said...

These are awesome! Thank you so much for sharing! I am a new follower!
Hilary
Second Grade is Out of This World!

wiredinstructor said...

Thanks Hilary! I'm delighted you found us. Let your fellow teachers know we are here.

Dennis