June 9, 2016

Corbett Harrison: UW-Stout Online Class: Teaching and Assessing Writing with the 6-Traits

An Online Writing Traits Class We Recommend!


Looking for a summer learning experience that improves your skills as a writing teacher?  I recommend the following online course, which friend of WritingFix and Always Write--Dennis O'Connor--has helped coordinate this class for many years.  You simply can't maintain a functioning workshop environment for writing if students don't own the vocabulary of writing instruction, and the 6 Traits have been the academic language of choice we've used in my classroom for years!
University of Wisconsin-Stout
Enroll Today! http://www.uwstout.edu/soe/profdev/traits.cfm
Teaching and Assessing Writing with the 6-Traits
Online Course 3 semester hours graduate credit
Instructor: Renee Williams
June 27 - August 19, 2016 (100% Online)
EDUC 653 Middle School Through Adult 6-Traits Writing Instruction
EDUC 654 PK Through Elementary 6-Traits Writing Instruction
Learn more: http://www.uwstout.edu/soe/profdev/traits.cfm

8 weeks of professional development that will transform your teaching. In depth discussion of 6-traits, writers workshop, and the practical application ideas you can put to work immediately.

Our Students Say...
  • "This course has reignited the fire for teaching that I once had. "
  • "Renee is so positive; she opens eyes to different schools of thought and doesn't just give you answers but encourages you to discover the answers on your own. Additionally, she provides an abundance of information that helps build you up as a teacher when it pertains to any question or topic posed, again intriguing us to continue our growth. "
  • "This course, while helping me improve my writing instruction, also will help me improve my instruction overall. Moreover, it helped me process issues outside of school and critically solve those."
  • "I have two bachelor degrees under my belt and countless grad classes. This class was the best, most engaging, most educational, most useful, best feedback....just wonderful. The instructor gave feedback that I will take and keep with me for years to come. You simply couldn't have found a better teacher. I feel honored to have taken this class. It was truly amazing."
  • "I think the best thing I could have done for future students was to take this class. Writing traits has helped me refresh my teaching skills."
  • "We had a truly international classroom. Only about half us were teaching in the states. Several were teaching in Department of Defense Schools overseas. We were a good mix of novice and veteran teachers."

No comments: